Peas is one of the most misunderstood foods. For many, its look does not make them attractive. However, there are many reasons why you should say “yes” to the highly nutritious starchy vegetable!
- Contain Protein: Green peas are one of the best plant protein sources! Consuming protein combined with fiber dampens the process of digestion and promotes the feeling of fullness!
- A good source of fiber: They are considered high-fiber foods and keep the digestive system healthy.
- Contain Vitamin A: Vitamin A is important for the health of the eyes, the eyesight and the immune system. It contributes to good functioning of the heart, lungs, kidneys and helps reduce the risk of developing Type II diabetes.
- Source of Vitamin K: Vitamin K is essential for liver synthesis of proteins and bone health. Prevents osteoporosis and regulates blood clotting while reducing the risk of prostate cancer.
- Contains Vitamin C, Flavonoids, Carotenoids: Green peas provide enough antioxidants that have been shown to reduce the chance of heart disease and stroke.
- You can enjoy it in many different ways: Pickled peas with fresh tomato sauce, lemon peas, boiled in salads, scrambled eggs, risotto! The combinations never end!