Mageiritsa with chicken and spinach is an alternative version of the traditional dish!
- 500gr. chicken lungs
- 500gr. chicken fillet (diced)
- 500gr. spinach
- 1 lettuce
- 1 dill bunch
- 6 spring onions
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup white wine
- 150gr. rice (glazed)
- 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 1lt chicken broth or water
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Wash up the lungs, place them into a pot with boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain them and leave in a bowl.
- Chop the onion, the garlic cloves, the dill, the fennel and the onions. When the lungs are cold enough, chop them too.
- Add some oil in a pot and when it’s ready add the garlic and onion and sauté. Then add the chicken fillet, the lungs with the spring onions.
- Mix up well, add the rice and the wine. When the wine is evaporated, add the chicken broth (or water), the spinach, the chopped lettuce, the fennel and the dill. Boil for 20 minutes (no intense heat). Add salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs using a wire, add the lemon juice and beat/ mix well again.
- Add some of the pot’s broth and keep mixing with the wire.
- Transfer the mixture back in the pot and boil for 1 minute.
- Serve when the soup is hot and use some chopped onion, herbs and pepper as a topping.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?