The apple pie is American, right? There is even an expression for the pure Americanism of the sweetness of what it says about something that is “as authentic American as the apple pie”. Here we will probably spoil a long and deeply rooted myth!
Maybe British’s transatlantic friends gradually become the main consumers of this wonderful dish, but the roots of the latter are on the island. One of the oldest references to the apple pie is in «The Forme of Cury» of 1390, as «Tartys in Applis» (tart apple), with the filling being in a pasty “case” but then not eaten and indeed, it contained no sugar.
Fortunately for our palate, the outer side of the pie, not just now consumed, it is also delicious, while the filling is sweet enough to be eaten comfortably and dessert.
An easy recipe with a high apple content! Served warm with ice cream.
- 5 apples
- 250 g of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of milk tea
- 2 tbsp cognac
- 1 vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 500 g raw farina
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sift the flour with the baking powder.
- Take a small amount of the butter and smear a detachable base on the sides and bottom.
- Sprinkle the base with brown sugar. Peel the apples and lay the circular cut parts into 6 pieces.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Beat in a mixer (like cake) sugar with butter for about 6 minutes.
- One by one add the eggs to the mixer. Then add the vanilla, cinnamon, salt.
- Pour the milk and flour. Finally add the walnut. Pour the mixture onto the apples and bake at 170 degrees in a preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes and invert. Serve your apple pie with ice cream.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?