20 – 30 min
Au gratin potatoes! An easy and delicious recipe to enjoy your potatoes!
- 1 kg potatoes with yellow flesh
- 2 cl. garlic, whole
- 1 kg nutmeg, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 ml milk, whole
- 300 ml sour cream, 36% fat
- 100 gr. pork pancetta, smoked
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 150 gr. emmental cheese, grated on the thick part of the grater
- 150 gr. gruyere cheese, grated on the thick part of the grater
- 2 kg thyme, for serving (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thick slices.
- Take a saucepan and pour in the cold milk and sour cream, the garlic, chopped onion, nutmeg, pepper and salt well.
- Turn on the stove and add the potatoes directly.
- Leave the potatoes.
- Boil over medium to high heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Once they are ready, remove the pot from the heat and leave it on edge until we need the potatoes.
- In a pan, pour the olive oil and lightly sauté the smoked pancetta.
- Next, we take a fireproof dish and at its base we create a layer with half the boiled potatoes.
- On top, spread the sauteed pancetta and then create another layer with the remaining potatoes.
- With the help of a ladle, add to our pan enough of the mixture in which we boiled the potatoes.
- Caution! We do not put it all, unless we see that he “gets it” (this depends on the size of the utensil in which we will prepare our food).
- What we want is for our food to be covered about halfway.
- Finally, sprinkle on top with the grated cheese and bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes at 180-190oC or until our food gets a nice color.
- Once our food is ready, remove it from the oven, leave it to cool for a while, cut into pieces and serve after previously garnishing (if desired) with a little fresh thyme.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?