There is a lot of banoffee but after many tests I ended up in this recipe that with a bite you can taste the spices of a must-cookie (moustokoulouro) candy, banana and chocolate!
- 250 g of moustokoulouro
- 100 g butter melted
For caramel syrup:
- 1st way: 2 sweetened condensed milk
- 2nd way:
- 115 g of butter
- 150g of brown sugar with molasses
- 1 box sweetened condensed milk
- 3 bananas
For the sweet glaze:
- 250 grams of couverture finely chopped
- 250 g of cream
- In a bowl we put the lukewarm water with sugar, yeast and 100 gr. from the flour. Stir and leave for 15 minutes at the edge, covering with a towel, to activate the yeast.
- Then add the remaining materials. Mix by hand to homogenise the materials.
- Transfer the dough to the counter and mix for 5 more minutes. Cut into 8 pieces the dough. We take each ball and open in a lane and “close” by making the circle (bun). For easier opening, we can only use olive oil and not flour.
- On a plate we put the water and sugar and mix. This helps the color the buns get when cooked. On another dish we put the sesame seeds. Drop each bun in the water and then into the sesame.
- Put baking paper on the baking dish and touch 4 bunches. Let the buns rest and swell, covering with a towel. They have to double their volume. This process can take from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on whether the space is warm.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 17-19 minutes. Serve the buns neatly or accompanied with cheeses and cold cuts or chocolate.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?