A delicious, full of chocolate and super easy in the making sweet treat that everyone will love!
- 300 gr thick barley
- 2 eggplants
- 100 gr butter
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 3 small tomatoes
- 3 kg of honey
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cl. garlic
- 50 ml white wine
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp mint
- mint for garnish
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Salt Pepper
Execution Barley with eggplant, tomatoes
- Put the tomatoes in a small pan (we have removed only the central point where the tomato connects with the stalk), pour 50 ml of melted butter over them,
- Season with salt and pepper and put in the hole of the stalk 1 kg of honey in each one as well as 1 kg of chopped garlic.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170o C for an hour and a half.
- When they are cooked, melt them in the blender and then pass them through a strainer and keep the sauce.
- In another small pan, bake the tomatoes with a little butter in the oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes and remove their skin, put them in a bowl and set aside, we will use them later to decorate the dish.
- Cut the aubergines into large cubes about 3 cm (we have removed a part of their skin).
- Put the 70 g butter in a pan and when it melts and raises the temperature, fry the aubergines over medium heat until they turn brown.
- Prepare the barley, put 30 gr of butter in a pan and on low heat sauté the barley, stirring constantly and until it gets a golden color, the
quench with 300 ml of water and when it boils, cover it and take it off the heat to wait covered for 30 minutes (the barley will swell but will remain al dente).
- Put 30 g of butter in a large pan, when the temperature rises add the onion and garlic and sauté for a while.
- Then add the barley, sauté and quench with the wine, incorporate the roasted tomato sauce and cook, adding a little vegetable broth from time to time, until the barley thickens.
- Finally add the eggplant and the two KS the chopped mint.
- Mix well and spread on a large round plate.
- Garnish with mint leaves and cherry tomatoes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?