Who doesn’t remember himself turning his head to look for the man who sells the supreme beach dessert walking around the whole coast?
I am writing you the recipe to make at home the ultimate childhood memory for you and your children … Beach doughnuts
- 200ml hot milk
- 9g dry yeast
- 140g sugar
- 150g yoghurt
- 80g melted butter
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla
- 600g flour (for all uses)
- In a bowl put the hot milk (not very hot), the yeast, 2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of flour, mix with a hand whisk and cover with wrapping film and leave for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, add the sugar, melted butter, yogurt, mix with the whisk, add the vanilla, zest and flour in two portions, mixing the dough with hands.
- Sprinkle a counter with a little of flour and transfer the dough on it and knead by opening with the palm and folding inwards. Do this until the dough is easily shaped.
- In a bowl, sprinkle with flour and put in the dough, cover with cling film and towel and leave for 1 1/2 hours.
- Open the dough, transfer it to the counter and open it with the rolling pin. Cut to the size you want but also cut the smaller inner piece. Let them expand for at least 20 minutes covered with a towel.
- Fry over medium heat, not high on both sides and sprinkle with sugar on both sides to stick.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?