An alternative and tasty main dish based on beef meat! It’s Christmas time!
- 4 tbsp butter “EPIRUS 50-50”
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 5 pcs of bacon
- 1 kg pound beef (flatiron), cut into 3-4 cm
- 750ml red wine
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 500gr. celeriac
- 200gr. potato
- 400ml milk
- 100ml of cream
- 15-20 pieces of mushroom (small, round)
- 2 tbsp butter Epirus 50-50
- 500ml water (plus 100ml for supplement)
- 300ml red wine (for the beans)
- 15-20 pieces of onion (small, for stew)
- 1 tbsp butter Epirus 50-50
- Saute the chopped bacon into butter and remove it. In the same butter, add salt and pepper on the meat, then sauté it in 2 doses (so as not to lose heat in the pan). Remove it and in the same butter sauté onion, garlic and carrot. We remove them.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in our pot. Add all the meat, sprinkle with flour and saute for 3-4 ‘. Add the wine, water and tomato paste and leave to heat to soften the meat and tie the sauce for about 2 hours.
- For the mushrooms: Peel the mushrooms, sauté them whole (if they are large cut in the middle) until they are softened, with 1 tbsp of butter and add salt, pepper and thyme. When the food is ready, put it in the pot.
- For onions: In 1 pan, add 1tbsp of butter and sauté onions for 2-3 ‘. Add the wine and let it and keep cooking on low heat until the onions are softened. When the food is ready, put it in the pot.
- For celeriac puree: Cut the potatoes and celeriac into small pieces and put them in a saucepan. Add the milk and cream. Cook until all ingredients are boiled. Once cooked, remove our solids (potato and celeriac) and put them in a bowl. Mash up using 1 fork, add 1 tbsp of butter and stir to homogenize our puree. Add some sauce, depending on how much liquid we want the puree. Add salt and pepper.