Beef with spaghetti and kefalotyri, a traditional and very tasty Greek recipe! Try it
- 500 gr. Spaghetti
- 1 ½ kg beef comb cut into cubes
- 500 g mini mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- ½ a cup of lemon juice
- 3 sec. garlic
- 3 pcs carrots
- 4 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 1 cube of beef
- 100 ml Olive oil
- 50 gr. fresh butter
- 80 gr. grated Kefalotyri
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 30 gr. fresh butter
- 30 gr. flour g.o.x.
- Saute the butter with the flour on a low heat until it gets a golden color, and leave it aside to cool, we will use it at the end to tie the sauce
For the Beef
- In a deep medium saucepan put the olive oil on high heat and when it our oil reaches a high temperature (begins to smoke) sauté its pieces.
- Beef on all sides to get color, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove them from the pot and put them on a plate.
- Lower the heat – medium.
- Add the 50g butter and a little olive oil and sauté the mushrooms round as they are to get color.
- Add the onions and the chopped garlic, the carrots in pieces to pot and sauté for 6 minutes and until well caramelized.
- Add the veal back and simmer with the lemon.
- Then add the beef cube and when it boils, lower the heat and cook the veal for about 2 hours until it softens well.
- Add a little water from time to time so that it does not dry out.
- Add the fresh oregano just before turning it off and bring to a boil to get the aromas.
- Finally, tie the sauce with the roux.
- Gradually put the roux in the pot with the veal and stir until our sauce binds exactly where we want it.
For our spaghetti
- Boil our pasta for 1 minute less than the package says.
- Strain and as it is in the strainer add 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil so that they do not stick to us and get aroma.
- Serve the spaghetti, the veal on top, sprinkled with kefalotyri and with fresh chopped oregano.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?