Beef with spaghetti and kefalotyri, a traditional and very tasty Greek recipe! Try it
- 500 gr. Spaghetti
- 1 ½ kg beef comb cut into cubes
- 500 g mini mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- ½ a cup of lemon juice
- 3 sec. garlic
- 3 pcs carrots
- 4 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 1 cube of beef
- 100 ml Olive oil
- 50 gr. fresh butter
- 80 gr. grated Kefalotyri
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 30 gr. fresh butter
- 30 gr. flour g.o.x.
- Saute the butter with the flour on a low heat until it gets a golden color, and leave it aside to cool, we will use it at the end to tie the sauce
For the Beef
- In a deep medium saucepan put the olive oil on high heat and when it our oil reaches a high temperature (begins to smoke) sauté its pieces.
- Beef on all sides to get color, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove them from the pot and put them on a plate.
- Lower the heat – medium.
- Add the 50g butter and a little olive oil and sauté the mushrooms round as they are to get color.
- Add the onions and the chopped garlic, the carrots in pieces to pot and sauté for 6 minutes and until well caramelized.
- Add the veal back and simmer with the lemon.
- Then add the beef cube and when it boils, lower the heat and cook the veal for about 2 hours until it softens well.
- Add a little water from time to time so that it does not dry out.
- Add the fresh oregano just before turning it off and bring to a boil to get the aromas.
- Finally, tie the sauce with the roux.
- Gradually put the roux in the pot with the veal and stir until our sauce binds exactly where we want it.
For our spaghetti
- Boil our pasta for 1 minute less than the package says.
- Strain and as it is in the strainer add 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil so that they do not stick to us and get aroma.
- Serve the spaghetti, the veal on top, sprinkled with kefalotyri and with fresh chopped oregano.