Bucatini all’Amatriciana is the most delicious Italian recipe that will impress you!!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g Guanciale guanchale (pork cheek) or bacon cut into cubes
- 1 hot fresh red pepper
- ½ Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cl. mashed garlic
- 400 g peeled tomatoes
- 300 g Bucatini
- 150 gr Pecorino Romano grated
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or large skillet over medium heat
- Add the bacon and sauté until crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the boukovo or the fresh hot red pepper and the black pepper, stir for 10 seconds.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (break the peeled whole eyes by hand) reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in a saucepan of salted water for 2 minutes less than what the package says.
- Drain, retaining 1 cup of the water in which we boiled them.
- Add drained pasta hot as it is to the sauce inside pan and mix well.
- Add half a cup of pasta water and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the basil and serve the spaghetti in a deep bowl trying to put the bacon sauce on top
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?