Crispy and caramelized pancetta in the oven! Get ready for the most delicious recipe!
- 1 pork pancetta 3 kg (x. Skin, x. Bone)
- 3 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp petimezi
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ a cup of balsamic vinegar
- ½ a glass of red wine
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp smoked salt
- 2 tbsp grated pepper
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ a cup of olive oil
- We first salt the pancetta.
- Then mix all the ingredients in a bowl and marinate the pancetta.
- Wrap well and put in either a bag or a pan and cover, put in the fridge for 12 hours.
- In a preheated oven at 170 degrees, put the pancetta in a pan with a grill (the pancetta should rest on the grill, the bottom should be the pan so that the liquids fall) and cover the whole pan with the grill and the pancetta with aluminum foil.
- Put 2 cups of water in the pan and bake.
- From time to time we check if we need water so that the pan does not burn.
- When it is cooked, take out the caramelized pancetta, leave it on our counter to cool a little and then put it in the oven to cool well, otherwise it will not be cut into nice slices.
- After it cools, we cut it into slices and then bake them to get color on the grill or in a frying pan or in a pan.
The sauce for the caramelized pancetta
- Put all the liquids left in the pan in a saucepan and boil until they set.
- Serve the pancetta in slices with the sauce on top and one coleslaw.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?