Cheesecake is a favorite sweet in many parts of the world. But its history goes back a long way and reaches ancient Greece, having a rich history! The first cheesecake to be discovered was on the island of Samos. Researchers believe its date is estimated at 2000 BC.
Besides, the existence of dairy products is calculated in prehistoric times. In ancient Greece, this dish was considered a source of energy, while historical evidence seems to tell us that this sweet was offered to athletes during the first Olympic Games in 776 BC.
Also interesting is the fact that cheesecake in ancient Greece was also used as a wedding cake, but with simple ingredients such as flour, wheat, honey and cooked cheese, which differ greatly from the complex recipes available today.
For biscuit dough:
- 250g Cookies
- 50g of butter, melted
For chocolate sauce:
- 500 g of couverture
- 500ml of cream
For the stuffing:
- 300 g couverture
- 500 ml of cream
- 200g of powdered sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- Two vanillas (powder sticks)
- Prepare the biscuit base. Place the cookies in the blender with the butter until they are crushed.
- Lay in a 28 cm crown of pastry form, blend the biscuits by pressing them with the bottom of a glass.
- Beat the sugar in the mixer with the mascarpone until it is foamed and leave it aside.
- Beat the cream in the mixer until it coagulates and pour the cheese into the sugar and beat until it is homogenized.
- Melt the chocolate into a bain marie and add it slowly to the cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the crown of the pastry form, onto the biscuit base and put it in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
For chocolate sauce
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie and slowly pour the cream, stirring to make it into the mixture.
- Let it cool a little and pour it over the cake.
- Place in the refrigerator until the sauce is solidified and serve our sweet.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?