Our favorite cherry turns into the most delicious jam, and becomes the perfect accompaniment for toast or strained yogurt!
- 3 kg of cherries hard, without their seeds
- 2 kg of raw sugar
- 1½ cup of rum
- Remove the stalks from the cherries. With the special tool you take out the seeds over a bowl to keep their liquids that you want for the jam.
- Put the cherries in a wide saucepan to boil without any water, but with their on liquids, until they are drained enough. Press them with a fork to melt them a little or melt them in the food processor before boiling. Then add the sugar and once melted add the rum.
- Allow the jam to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. Once it starts to splash and boil, take out a spoon on a saucer and let it cool to see how tight it is.
- You have the glass jars ready, washed, after putting them in the oven at 100oC to dry and sterilise for 30 minutes.
- Fill the jars with the hot jam and close them well. Leave them to cool so you can keep them out of the fridge for a long time.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?