An easy recipe for an old time classic, delicious dish: chickpeas soup!
- 250gr. chickpeas
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 caqrrot (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 vegetable broth cube
- 2 tbsp tahini dip
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt, pepper
- We soak the chickpeas in water from the previous night, for about 18-24 hours.
- The next day, we strain them and add them in a saucepan. Fill with water until the chickpeas are covered and let it boil. Boil for about 20 minutes. During cooking, remove the foam and then strain again.
- In the same pot, pour the oil, onion, carrot and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the chickpeas and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add water (double quantity of water than the chickpeas) , the bay leaves and vegetable cube. Let it boil and lower the heat. Cover the saucepan and cook for 120-150 minutes, depending on the boiling time that our chickpeas need.
- We take off the fire and, while the food is still hot, we transfer 1/3 of the broth to a bowl. Add the tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl. Stir until the mixture is homogenized and return the broth to the pot.
- Stir until the sauce ties and serve!