The homemade version of the favourite american street food!
- 1 kg minced meat (veal)
- Salt & pepper
- 2 eggs (whites)
- 75gr. butter
- 2 onions (slices)
- 100gr. pepper
- 275gr. sugar
- 225gr. cider vinegar
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1tsp fennel sheeds
- ½tsp salt
- 4 burger buns
- 5-6 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato (slices)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 1kg potatoes (Naxos type)
- Sauce : Melt the butter (2/3) in a medium sized pan (medium-intense heat). Add ½ of the onions and salt and sauté. Slice the peppers into sticks and add them in the pan. Add the sugar, the cider vinegar (now turn the heat to higher intense). Mix up well and add the rest of the onions, the carrot, fennel sheeds. Boil for 20 minutes, then add the rest of the butter.
- Remove the pan from heat and the sauce is ready to serve. We can also stock it in a sterile vase made of glass.
- For the potatoes: The ideal potatoes for French fries should not be really fresh, but have less dampness. Ours potatoes should also have white skin (inside). Peel the potatoes, wash them up, slice them and then cut into sticks. Wash up again.
- Place a deep pan or pot on the heat and add sunflower oil. Use a thermometer and. when the oil reaches 150 degrees, fry the potatoes for 7 minutes. Put absorbent paper sheets on a tray and transfer the potatoes on it. Turn the heat on. When the oil reaches the 190 degrees, fry again the potatoes for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer fries in a bowl and add salt.
- Burger: Place the minced meat in a bowl, add salt, pepper and the egg whites. Mix well and make the burgers.
- Serve: Saute the bacon for 1-2 minutes, slice the tomato and choose 5-6 lettuce leaves. Bake the burgers in the oven for 15 minutes(200 degrees). Then warm up the burger buns and you are ready to serve!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?