A delicious pasta dish!
- 1 pack of Conchiglie Grandi
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10 slices of bacon
- 10 slices of prosciutto
- 200g Parmesan cheese
- 200g of provolone/ metsovone cheese
- 250g of heavy cream
- Tomato sauce
- Salt, Pepper
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions listed on the package. Cut the eggplant into square pieces. Chop the onion, garlic and bacon.
- In a large frying pan, add olive oil and saute the onion to moderate heat. Add bacon, garlic and eggplant, boost the heat and saute well.
- Remove from fire and add the chopped prosciutto and 2 tbsp of tomato sauce. Mix the two types of cheese together and add slowly to the pan. We hold about 2 handfuls of the cheese mixture to add it to the end (before we put it in the oven).
- After the pasta has been cooked, we cool it down so that we are able to catch it and with a spoon we begin to fill it with the stuffin that we have made in the pan.
- Take a pan/ tray and add tomato sauce on its base, then place the pasta shells on. Pour the pasta with the cream. It helps to keep moisture and not to dry in the oven.
- Cover with an aluminum foil to prevent the pasta from burning and bake at 190 for 15 minutes in the oven. Remove the foil and bake for 6-7 more minutes until golden. Sprinkle with fresh basil, serve and enjoy!