Homemade caramel ice cream without the use of an ice cream machine! Try to make this delicious ice cream with the velvety texture that can be a perfect accompaniment to your homemade sweets!
- 500 gr. of cream 35% fat
- 1 can of vegetable cream, at room temperature
- 200 gr. of fresh whole milk, cold
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (caramelized)
- 1 tbsp. of caramel syrup
- Two vanillas
- 2 ½ tbsp. of chopped caramel
- For the caramel: Put 100 gr. sugar in a non-stick pan. Place on a medium to high heat and allow the sugar to melt and become liquid (be careful, as soon as it melts, remove from the heat immediately). Immediately pour it on a sheet metal surface, lined with baking paper, in a thin layer. Allow to cool completely and crush it into small pieces.
- Caramelize the milk as follows: Put the sealed box in a large saucepan and cover well with water. Boil over medium heat, until it boils, for about 2.5 to 3 hours. Add water whenever needed, do not let the level go down under the box.
- Pour the sweetened milk into a small pyrex. Place it in a large pan half full of boiling water, so that the water reaches about the middle of the pyrex. Cover the pyrex very well with foil. Place it in a preheated oven at 220oC and bake it for about 1.5-2 hours or until you have a dark colored candy, tight enough. Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat the vegetable cream with the hand mixer until it swells. Add the caramelized milk and beat until well blended. Pour the mixture into the mixer bucket and add the cream, milk and vanilla.
- Beat at the beginning slowly and, after it starts to coagulate, on the fast speed for 15-20 minutes, mix the ingredients well and make a thick fluffy cream. Add the syrup and stir a little more to combine.
- Put the mixture in the freezer. Beat it after about 2 hours, and again every 2 hours for 2-3 more times to make it fluffy. In the last beat, add the caramel pieces.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?