Now that eggplants are still in their season, it is an opportunity to make this amazing eggplant yogurt tart with ingredients that you all definitely have in your home!
- 1 kourou dough
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 eggplants
- 200gr. feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 100gr. kasseri cheese
- 1 spring onion
- mint for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 150* C. Grease a tart pan with butter and spread the kourou dough nicely in it. Use a fork to pierce the bottom of the dough lightly, cover with plastic wrap and add cooking weights (or beans). Bake for 15 minutes, remove weights, brush with egg yolk and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Cut the eggplants into slices, season with salt and pepper, add olive oil and bake in a frying pan or in the oven until they turn brown.
- Put the yogurt, salt, pepper and one egg in a bowl and mix.
To set up the tart:
- Put half of the amount of yogurt in the dough. Spread the eggplants in layers, on top of the sliced tomatoes, then the rest of the yogurt.
- Finally add the feta cheese in chunks, the grated kasseri cheese and bake at 175 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion and chopped mint.