Who could resist this delicious recipe with an oriental “aroma”? Although fasting, it is rich in flavours thanks to the multitude of vegetables, but also to the Macedonian Tahini that gives extra flavour intensity and nutritional value.
- 100 g couscous
- 200 g water
- 2 eggplants “flaskes”
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 small carrot
- 2 tbsp. corn
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. of Macedonian Tahini
- 1/4 tsp. of cumin
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika
- parsley, thyme
- Salt Pepper
For the serving sauce:
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp. of Macedonian tahini
- 1 tbsp. of lemon
- ¼ tsp. of smoked paprika
- Cut the eggplants vertically in the middle, score inside and remove the flesh leaving only a few to hold their shape.
- Chop the inside part of the eggplants and keep it in a bowl.
- Salt and pepper the eggplants and oil them inside and out. Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
For the couscous:
- In a saucepan put 150 g. water and as soon as it is warm, pour in the couscous, remove from the heat and cover with a lid.
- Once the couscous has absorbed the water, it is ready. When it cools down, separate it with a fork to avoid lumps.
For the eggplant filling:
- Chop the zucchini, onion and pepper in small squares. Grate the carrot in the grater.
- In a frying pan add a little olive oil and sauté the onion for about 2 minutes, until softened over medium heat.
- Then add the chopped eggplants and sauté (it will take a little extra olive oil) for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, chopped garlic, carrot, peppers, corn and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cut tomatoes in the middle, the spices, thyme and 1 ½ tbsp. Macedonian tahini, stir, add the couscous and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring to incorporate the ingredients. Finally, add the parsley.
For the Macedonian Tahini sauce:
- Put the tahini in a bowl, add the grated garlic, 3 tbsp. of water and stir.
- Add the lemon, smoked paprika, salt and pour some more water, depending on how thick or spicy we want our sauce.
- Caution: do not skip the water, as the sauce will “tighten” too much.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?