Delicious, chocolate and original sweet that will delight both young and old! The fluffy chocolate braid can perfectly accompany your afternoon coffee! Make this sweet and you’ll remember me!
For the dough:
- 125ml lukewarm milk
- 15gr. fresh yeast or 8 gr. dry
- 1 tsp. of vanilla liquid or 1 bubble powder
- 100gr. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 500gr. flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 80gr. butter (at room temperature)
- flour for sprinkling
For the filling:
- 400gr. chocolate couverture
- 50gr. butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. of liquid vanilla or a powder bubble
For the spreading before baking:
- 50ml of heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
For glaze after baking:
- 100ml of milk
- 30gr. sugar
- Beat the eggs in the mixer with sugar for 6-7 ‘until the mixture is soften and inflated. In a saucepan we put the couverture with the butter to melt.
- After the egg-sugar mixture is ready, slow down the mixer’s volume and slowly add the mixture with couverture and butter. Replace the mixer’s wire with the “feather” and keep mixing the ingredients.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl and then add them gradually into the mixer, which we use in low mixing speed. Add walnuts and turn off the mixer.
- Then add the hazelnut praline and finally the vanilla extract. Mix for some minutes to have a homogenized mix.
- Add some butter in a tray/pan and sprinkle with sugar. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 45 minutes.