What a delicious accompaniment for the coming summer days, from the fluffy zucchini fritters! Try making my recipe along with the yogurt sauce I recommend, which will take off the taste of zucchini fritters!
- 1 kg zucchini, grated
- 1 onion dry
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 120g feta cheese
- 100g gruyere
- 100g manouri cheese
- 1 tbsp of dill
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 2 tbsp of mint
- 2 tbsp of fresh onion
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs, grated
- 2 tbsp flour
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 250g yogurt
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt, Pepper
- Grate the zucchini on the grater, using the large blades, but take care not to put the flesh from the inside because then the zucchini fritters will have a lot of liquid, so we grate the outside, we don’t want a lot of seeds.
- Put a pot of water to boil and dip the grated zucchini there for a minute and take them out in a bowl with coldwater and ice cubes. In this way the grated zucchini will be more crunchier.
- Put them in a colander and let them drain.
- Sauté the chopped onion. When it is ready, remove it.
- Chop finely the herbs, the spring onion, and grate the cheese.
- In a large bowl add: the herbs, the sautéed onion, the eggs, the cheese, the spring onion, the lemon zest, the breadcrumbs, the flour.
- Drain the grated zucchini in a thin towel to remove all their liquids and add them to the bowl.
- Stir and put the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Then shape the fritters, add a little flour and fry over medium to high heat. Drain on absorbent paper.
For the sauce:
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and serve.