Traditional Italian pastry!
- 500 gr flour for all uses
- 1 sachet of dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 230 ml of lukewarm water
- 100 ml milk
- Olive oil for baking
- Cherry tomatoes
- Salt flakes
- We start by putting the yeast, the sugar and the lukewarm water inside the mixer bin (if we don’t have, we use a basin and then with our hands), whisk the ingredients with a hand wire or with a fork and leave it for 15 minutes so that the yeast starts to activate. Add the rest of the ingredients and with the mixer hook stir at medium speed until the dough comes out of the bowl’s walls. If not, add a little flour. Cover well the dough with a towel and let it expand for about 40 min – 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough to a round baking pan or in a pyrex (up to 35 cm) after putting enough olive oil to go anywhere on the walls but also at the bottom (this bread needs quite enough olive oil). Spread the dough with hands. Cut the cherries in the middle, pressing them into the dough. Put the thyme and the salt.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it to expand again for 20 – 30 min. Sprinkle few drops of olive oil into the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?