Now in the spring when there are plenty of vegetables and fruits, you should not forget to cook artichokes. You can either cook this vegetable or eat it raw. The beneficial properties of artichokes for our body are many: they help our digestive system, are rich in fiber, stimulate the immune system thanks to the vitamin C they contain, have antioxidant properties, etc. Today I suggest you a healthy and fresh salad with artichokes, prosciutto and arugula, to accompany your dishes!
- 4 artichokes
- 3 celery sticks
- 1/2 fennel
- 1 bunch of arugulas
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- juice of 2 lemons
- 100 gr. parmesan whole piece
- nuts (optional)
- prosciutto (optional)
- olive oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Cut the stalk about 5 cm from the base of the artichoke. Remove the outer leaves until they reach the inner ones, which are lighter and softer. With a serrated knife cut the top of the leaves. Peel the green part of the stem until you get to the white part. Using a spoon, peel the center of the artichoke.
- Cut the peeled artichoke in half and then into very thin slices.
- In a large bowl put plenty of water and juice of one lemon. Add the artichokes and continue with the rest.
- Cut the celery and fennel into slices. Finely chop the parsley and arugula. Add everything to the bowl and stir.
- Add parmesan flakes, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, walnuts, a little prosciutto, mix and serve.