1 hour 15 min
The most delicious and traditional Greek dessert is in this recipe. Try the easy galaktoboyreko!
Ingredient for Galaktoboureko – Custard pie
For the sheet
- 200 g milk butter (sheep and goat)
For the syrup
- 700 g granulated sugar
- 400 g of water
- 2 tbsp glucose
- peel of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the cream
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 176 g fine semolina
- 700 ml whole milk
- 300 ml cream 35%
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 150 g cow butter
- 2 vanilla powder
- Grate 1 lemon
For the syrup
- Put all the ingredients for the syrup in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium to high heat and when it boils, count for 4 minutes.
- Then we take it off the fire, our syrup should be cold when we use it.
For the cream
- Put the milk, the cream, the semolina, the sugar, the vanilla, the lemon zest in a saucepan and put it on a medium heat and mix well.
- The cream will start to thicken, do not let it thicken too much and add the butter after it starts to boil.
- Stir constantly in a circle and towards the center of the pot so that the ingredients come together and our cream starts to coagulate.
- It will become thick and velvety, let it cool.
- Divide the eggs into yolks and egg whites, beat the egg whites into a meringue.
- Put the yolks in a bowl and beat them with a hand whisk.
- Incorporate the yolks into the egg whites, stirring with a silicone spatula, be careful not to make hasty movements, our meringue must remain fluffy.
- After the cream has cooled, we incorporate the meringue mixture with the cream with gentle movements with a silicone spatula, putting the meringue in the cream in 3 portions.
- Melt the butter.
- We take a 35 x 45 pan and butter well everywhere and on the sides.
- We place the leaves in our pan one by one, putting the crosses and leaving a little sheet on the outside so that we can then fold it inside.
- Butter with a brush without touching the sheet, just splash them.
- After we spread the 5 leaves, we spread our cream.
- Then fold in the protruding leaves.
- Put the remaining leaves on top one by one, buttering in between.
- Carve into pieces.
- Put the remaining butter and wet your hands with water and sprinkle the leaves.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees in the air or up and down for about 1 hour and
- 20 minutes until it swells and takes on a nice golden color.
- As soon as our dessert comes out of the oven, hot, we immediately pour the cold syrup in portions with a ladle.
- Put all the syrup and let the dessert cool completely.
- The dessert is stored outside the refrigerator, be careful not to cover it with foil because the leaf will lose its crunchy texture.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?