1 hour 15 min
The most delicious and traditional Greek dessert is in this recipe. Try the easy galaktoboyreko!
Ingredient for Galaktoboureko – Custard pie
For the sheet
- 200 g milk butter (sheep and goat)
For the syrup
- 700 g granulated sugar
- 400 g of water
- 2 tbsp glucose
- peel of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the cream
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 176 g fine semolina
- 700 ml whole milk
- 300 ml cream 35%
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 150 g cow butter
- 2 vanilla powder
- Grate 1 lemon
For the syrup
- Put all the ingredients for the syrup in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium to high heat and when it boils, count for 4 minutes.
- Then we take it off the fire, our syrup should be cold when we use it.
For the cream
- Put the milk, the cream, the semolina, the sugar, the vanilla, the lemon zest in a saucepan and put it on a medium heat and mix well.
- The cream will start to thicken, do not let it thicken too much and add the butter after it starts to boil.
- Stir constantly in a circle and towards the center of the pot so that the ingredients come together and our cream starts to coagulate.
- It will become thick and velvety, let it cool.
- Divide the eggs into yolks and egg whites, beat the egg whites into a meringue.
- Put the yolks in a bowl and beat them with a hand whisk.
- Incorporate the yolks into the egg whites, stirring with a silicone spatula, be careful not to make hasty movements, our meringue must remain fluffy.
- After the cream has cooled, we incorporate the meringue mixture with the cream with gentle movements with a silicone spatula, putting the meringue in the cream in 3 portions.
- Melt the butter.
- We take a 35 x 45 pan and butter well everywhere and on the sides.
- We place the leaves in our pan one by one, putting the crosses and leaving a little sheet on the outside so that we can then fold it inside.
- Butter with a brush without touching the sheet, just splash them.
- After we spread the 5 leaves, we spread our cream.
- Then fold in the protruding leaves.
- Put the remaining leaves on top one by one, buttering in between.
- Carve into pieces.
- Put the remaining butter and wet your hands with water and sprinkle the leaves.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees in the air or up and down for about 1 hour and
- 20 minutes until it swells and takes on a nice golden color.
- As soon as our dessert comes out of the oven, hot, we immediately pour the cold syrup in portions with a ladle.
- Put all the syrup and let the dessert cool completely.
- The dessert is stored outside the refrigerator, be careful not to cover it with foil because the leaf will lose its crunchy texture.