The smell of the pan that comes out of the oven, the sound of the crispy crust that breaks, its fluffy cream enchants the senses and can only pre-declare a sweet, galaktompoureco. EPIRUS butter makes this recipe special and takes us to the pure tastes of our childhood.
- 1800 ml of milk
- 180 g semolina
- 430 g of sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 clones of vanilla
- 100 g butter (EPIRUS CORFU type 50-50, 50% Cow & 50% Sheep & Goat Milk)
- lemon zest
For the syrup
- 600 grams of sugar
- 500 ml of water
- peel of 1 orange
- 75 g of glucose
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the sheet
- 500 g of crust leaf (about 14 thin sheets)
- 150 g butter (EPIRUS CORFU type 50-50, 50% Cow & 50% Sheep & Goat Milk)
- 70 g of melted milk butter EPIRUS
- 75 g of sunflower oil
- Start the cream by putting the milk, half the sugar and the vanilla in a saucepan to heat up. The remaining ingredients, yolks, lemon zest and the rest of the sugar are put in a bowl.
- Just before boiling the milk, pour the semolina, mix and allow them to boil for 2 minutes. Then take the mixture of the saucepan and slowly pour it to the bowl mixture while stirring and then put it back in the saucepan and boil for 2 minutes again.
- Remove the saucepan from the fire and add the butter (EPIRUS 50-50) without stirring, let it melt on the cream because this way it does not cause the crust to crumble, then let it cool for about 35 minutes.
For the syrup
- Put all the ingredients in a kettle and put it in the fire. When it starts to boil we count for 4 minutes and remove it from the fire. Let it cool down and syrup our sweet with cold syrup.
For sheet-setting in the baking pan
- In a bowl, mix the two kinds of melted butter and sunflower oil. In a 35×25 pan, grease with the mixture and start to lay on two pastry sheets, but carefully, half of them put outside and the rest inside, that is, at the end with the half we have left from the outside wrap the cream.
- We add butter/oil mix every two pieces and when the pastry sheets are over, we pour in the cream and we begin to put the extra sheets in, covering the cream by rubbing one by one now on the leaves.
- Cut into pieces, butter from above and then bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 40 minutes and after it is removed from the oven, pour the cold syrup.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?