The easiest recipe for “galaktompoureko”, a favorite dessert originates from Konstantinoupoli. The secret for the perfect galaktompoureko with aromatic cream is the pastry sheet and the syrup.
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup milk butter
- 3 whole eggs and 2 yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 2/3 cup semolina
- 2 pieces of lemon zest
- 1 pack of crust sheet
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ lemon
- Take a saucepan and pour the milk together with the sugar. Put it on heat until it starts boiling.
- In a bowl put the eggs and the yolks and beat them well. As soon as the milk starts to boil, pour the eggs in and mix continuously.
- When the milk is very hot, pour the semolina and lemon zest, stirring continuously until the cream becomes “thick”.
- As soon as we remove the cream sauce from the heat, pour the fresh butter in and stir until the mixture absorbs the butter.
- In a saucepan melt the butter for the crust sheets. Pick a baking pan and spread butter on the surface using a cooking brush. Begin the process with the leaves. Butter the leaves one by one and place them evenly in the pan and, when we reach the seven leaves, pour in the cream. Turn the crust sheets that are left over from the baking dish inward. Continue with another eight sheets, then butter again over the baking dish.
- Cut the excess leaves with a sharp knife and using a cooking brush, add some butter everywhere in the pan. We decorate the sweet in pieces of our choice.
- Bake it immediately at 190 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes – all the time with our supervision.
- In a saucepan place the ingredients for the syrup and put them on heat until the mixture is like a syrup. Once it boils, we count 7 minutes and it’s ready. Once the galaktompoureko is cooked and taken out of the oven, brush the top with melted butter. Pour the hot syrup into the hot galaktompoureko with a ladle and it is ready. Once it starts to cool, we serve it.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?