Traditional Greek dish, the gigantes beans in oven is an meze for winter or summer. Enjoy it with a glass of wine. “Simple and very tasty!
- 500g gigantes beans
- 1tsp of baking soda
- 1 ½ onion sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 can of tomato
- 1 stick of sliced celery
- 1tsp of sugar
- ½ bunch liedan
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 freshly grated tomatoes
- Salt, Pepper
- The night before you cook the beans, soak the beans in plenty of water to which we have dissolved one teaspoon of soda.
- Put in a pot some water. Once the water is boiling, pour the giants for about 15 minutes, skew them at intervals and strain them. We throw the first water.
- In a clean pot, add half of olive oil and sauté onion until it is softened, then add garlic, celery, carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the 2 kinds of tomato and sugar. Add hot water until the beans are covered and a little more and cook with a closed lid for 40 minutes.
- Next, pour the beans with their sauce in a tray, add the remaining olive oil, pepper and a cup of water even if it does not have much fluids.
- Bake in resistors in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley and white soybean if we want.