Traditional Greek dish, the gigantes beans in oven is an meze for winter or summer. Enjoy it with a glass of wine. “Simple and very tasty!
- 500g gigantes beans
- 1tsp of baking soda
- 1 ½ onion sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 can of tomato
- 1 stick of sliced celery
- 1tsp of sugar
- ½ bunch liedan
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 freshly grated tomatoes
- Salt, Pepper
- The night before you cook the beans, soak the beans in plenty of water to which we have dissolved one teaspoon of soda.
- Put in a pot some water. Once the water is boiling, pour the giants for about 15 minutes, skew them at intervals and strain them. We throw the first water.
- In a clean pot, add half of olive oil and sauté onion until it is softened, then add garlic, celery, carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the 2 kinds of tomato and sugar. Add hot water until the beans are covered and a little more and cook with a closed lid for 40 minutes.
- Next, pour the beans with their sauce in a tray, add the remaining olive oil, pepper and a cup of water even if it does not have much fluids.
- Bake in resistors in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley and white soybean if we want.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?