1 ½ hour
Giouvetsi is the most delicious traditional Greek recipe with goat and pasta!!
- 1.5 kg milk goat leg
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cl. Garlic
- 1 leek
- 2 large carrots
- 120 g of milk butter
- 300 g medium barley
- 2 sprigs of celery
- 2 cl. Thyme
- 150 g dry grated mizithra
- In a large saucepan put the 60 g butter and when it gets temperature sauté the goat for 5 minutes on all sides.
- Quench the goat with 1 ½ liter of hot water and add the onions cut into 4, the whole garlic cloves, the bay leaf and the thyme.
- When the water boils, lower the heat and cook for 45 minutes
- Then put the celery in pieces, the leek (only the white part), the carrots and boil the goat for another half an hour.
- We put the vegetables for only half an hour, you do not need more to get the taste you want.
- Take the goat out of the juice, put it on a plate and strain the broth.
- For each cup of barley we want 2 cups of the broth to turn out nice
- Put 600 ml of the broth in the pot, the barley and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, add salt and pepper.
- Put the remaining 60 g of butter in a pan and heat the butter well and boil the barley by throwing it in, it gives it a perfect taste.
- Add the barley and the goat on a plate, grate the dried mizithra and put freshly ground pepper on top.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?