Giouvetsi! a traditional Greek recipe with beef and orzo pasta. It is easy, fast and very tasty. The ideal food for your lunch!
- 2 2.5 kg veal knuckle
- 500 g medium orzo Pasta
- 3 white onions
- 2 carrots
- 4 cl. Garlic
- 200 g kefalotyri
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 200 ml red wine
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp milk butter
- fresh thyme
- In a saucepan put 2 onions, 2 tbsp. garlic, 2 carrots, 2 bay leaves, cinnamon stick, water and knuckle and boil for 1.5 hours.
- Then remove the beef from the pot and place it on a plate, strain and keep the broth.
- Put in a saucepan olive oil and milk butter and sauté the knuckle on all sides.
- Then add 1 chopped onion, 2 tbsp. garlic, quench with wine.
- Allow to evaporate a little and add the grated ripe tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 1 hour and check why we will need to add water.
- Pre-boil the pasta for 3 minutes (this helps it not to get muddy), strain it and put it in an oven pan.
- Then add the knuckle with its liquids and bake at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Finally add a little fresh olive oil and chopped fresh thyme.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?