Bekri meze! A Greek recipe and traditional from Crete. The recipe for bekri meze has sausage and pork but also many vegetables! Try it!
- 600 g boneless pork neck
- 150 g sausage or soutzouki
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cl. garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 100 ml red wine
- ½ dry thyme
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 cube of vegetables
- ½ a glass of water
- Cut the pork into small cubes (about 1.5 points, a large dice) and put olive oil in a large pan to burn enough.
- Saute until it turns brown on all sides.
- Then add the sliced sausage, after 2 minutes the sliced onion (crescent moon), some peppers in sticks and finally the garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, salt, pepper, cinnamon and the boukovo, mixing well and quenching with wine.
- Add the cube, the diced tomato (without the spores), the water and cover with a lid from a pot and let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes depending on the pieces we have cut.
- Our goal is for it to boil nicely and for everything to be soft.
- Finally, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- If you want, serve with feta cheese or yogurt.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?