chickpeas soup! A traditional Greek recipe for the most nutritious winter soup!
- 500 g chickpeas
- 2 white onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
2 cl. garlic
- olive oil
- 1 cube of vegetables
- ½ cumin
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp tahini (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Put the chickpeas in the fridge in cold water overnight to soak.
- Depending on the variety they will take from 12 to 24 hours.
- The next day, rinse the chickpeas well and boil in a saucepan for 10 minutes and skim, then strain.
- Cut our vegetables, put them in a pot of olive oil and sauté them over medium heat.
- add the thyme, the zest and the lemon juice.
- Finally add the cumin and bay leaves with the chickpeas and the vegetable cube.
- Add about 1 liter of water, the chickpeas should be covered.
- Cover and cook for about 1 hour, cooking time is relative, depending on the quality of the chickpeas and soaking.
- Finally serve on a plate, add olive oil, thyme, a little dill optional and freshly ground pepper.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?