You will love the recipe for the Greek kataifi. It is traditional, easy and delicious
- 500 gr kadaifi leaf
- 300 g of butter or sheep and goat butter
For the stuffing
- 150 gr pistachio
- 150 g walnuts
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cloves
For the syrup
- 600 g sugar
- 400 water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon peel
- 2 orange peels
For the syrup
- We always start with the syrup when we want to make a syrupy dessert.
- Put all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and put it on the fire.
- On a medium to high heat and when it boils, count exactly 5 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- The syrup must cool completely when we use it.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Put the pistachio and the walnuts that we have beaten in the blender in a bowl.
- We do not want them to become dust.
- Then put in the bowl and the toast, cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir with a spoon.
- We open the package with the kadaifi that we have thawed and we eat it again.
- In other words, we untangle it with our fingers and try to fluff the kadaifi.
- Divide it in two and cover one of the two with a wet towel.
- Divide the other into 10 pieces and spread them on our counter.
- We will make a total of 20 candies.
- We take in our hand or spread on our counter the pieces that we have separated from the kadaifi, we butter each with a brush separately and we put 1 tbsp from the filling.
- Carefully wrap-roll in our handful or on the counter, paying attention to what protrudes, to fold them in the center internally.
- We make all our rolls and put them in a buttered pan, with the help of the brush we separate one kadaifaki from the other in the pan and we throw any butter that we have left over over the kadaifaki.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or 1 hour depending on our oven.
- Our kadaifi must be gold on top.
- Finally, take it out of the oven and pour the cold syrup into the hot kadaifi and leave it for 30 minutes to absorb the syrup.
- Garnish with grated pistachio and vanilla ice cream.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?