3 1/2 hours
The recipe for the lamb leg in the oven with potatoes is traditional and very tasty. You have to try it!
For the Lamb:
- 1,800 -2 kg leg of lamb with bone
- 4 cl. garlic
- 1 tbsp grated dry oregano
- 50 g of milk butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 cube of chicken
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt Pepper
- 15 potatoes
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from a lemon
- 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp mashed garlic
- 1 tbsp dry grated oregano
For the lamb leg:
- Make a mixture in the multi of salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, chicken cube, olive oil, oregano, buttermilk, lemon and beat well.
- Spread this mixture on the lamb leg.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Mix well and spread them in the pan.
- Add 1 glass of water, do not put too much because it will produce enough liquids.
- we empty the whole tomatoes around the perimeter, do not cut them, it is nice to serve them whole afterwards.
- Put the lamb leg on the potatoes.
- Cover the pan with oil paste and then aluminum foil.
- Bake the lamb leg for 3 hours at 160 degrees in the air covered.
- Then uncover and raise the temperature to 200 and bake for another half hour until it turns brown.
- Serve on a plate the potatoes from below, the leg from above and sprinkle with fresh oregano and put the whole tomatoes on the edges of the plate.
- Put the Lamb leg with salt water for 6 hours (50 g Salt in 1 liter of water).
- The brine should cover the lamb leg.
- Rinse the lamb under running water and dry it.
- If we want we can make some incisions with a knife in the thigh and put garlic cloves there.
- We can also bake it at 190 degrees covered for 1 1/2 hours and then at 200 for half an hour.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?