1 hour 30 min
The most delicious and traditional recipe for the Greek lamb fricassee with Avgolemono is here, try it !!
Ingredient for Lamp Fricasee
- 1 kg lamb without the bone together with its kidney, at about 1,300 gr
- 5 spring onions
- 1 large white (dried) onion, finely chopped
- 60 ml white wine
- 3 lettuces (hearts)
- 2 tbsp. dairy butter
- ½ a bunch of chopped dill
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice from a lemon
- 1 tbsp cut corn flour
- Finely chop the onion, dill and chives.
- Cut the lamb into 5 cm pieces.
- In a large saucepan put the milk butter (2 cc) and fry the meat until
to lightly brown.
- Remove the pieces from the fried lamb on a plate and leave them in everything.
- Put the onions in the same butter over high heat and sauté for 2 minutes wither well.
- Quench with white wine.
- Add the spring onion and the fried lamb.
- After a while, add the vegetable cube dissolved in one and a half liters of lukewarm water.
- When our food boils, lower the heat. Add salt and pepper and cover with
lid the pot.
- After 1 hour we check if the meat has been cooked with a fork.
- If it is cooked, put it all on one side of the pot and put them on the other scalded hearts of lettuce
- Do not stir but just shake the pot.
- After 20 minutes, check if the stalks from the lettuce hearts are soft and baked.
- Add the dill and shake the pot well to go everywhere.
- Put the egg yolks with the corn flour in a bowl and mix them well.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and stir again.
- With a spoon we pass broth from our food and we throw it in the bowl with the egg mixture, after the third spoonful of broth we empty the bowl into our food and shake
shaking the pot to go everywhere.
- Cover our food and let it set on the fire for 10 minutes before we serve
- Garnish with a few dill tassels on top and a slice of lemon