One of our favourite Greek sweet, which can accompany your other sweets, ice creams or yogurt as topping, or you can enjoy it plain with your coffee!
- 600g orange peels
- 900g sugar
- 900ml of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- juice of half a lemon
- Choose oranges with thick peel.
- Wash the oranges very well.
- Rub a little on the grater and hold the zest (we can use it on another sweet).
- Cut the peel vertically into 6 equal portions and peel the oranges carefully. Weigh the peels to be about 600-650 gr.
- Wrap each peel in a roll and transfer them to skewers, taking care not to break.
- Put water in a pan and boil the peels for 5 minutes, after the first boil.
- When boiling, change the water 4 times to remove the peels.
- In another saucepan, pour the sugar, water, cinnamon, and set on high heat.
- Boil the syrup, and 5 minutes after the first boil, pour the peels in.
- Boil for another 30 minutes. If you have a thermometer, the temperature should be 104 degrees. Once removed from the heat, add the lemon juice.
- Put the sweet in sterile jars and close with a lid.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?