the recipe for the favorite pastitsio dish with the most traditional Greek recipe! Spaghetti, minced meat and béchamel, you will love it!
- 2 packs of prepared crust sheet
- 1 kg of ground beef or mixed with pork
- 400 ml of tomato juice
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 packet of thick spaghetti
- 70 g butter for the leaves
- olive oil
For the béchamel
- 150 g butter
- 150 ml olive oil
- 300 g flour
- 2 liters of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 g parmesan
- 150 gr emmental
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
For the minced meat
- Saute the chopped onion over high heat with olive oil and then add the minced meat.
- When it is deep fried, extinguish with brandy, add the tomato, salt, pepper and cook for about half an hour.
Greek pastitsio- béchamel:
- Put the milk in a saucepan to heat.
- Put the butter with the olive oil in another pot and when they heat up, add the flour, mix with a whisk and after a while add the milk in portions and mix, add salt, nutmeg pepper and mix.
- When it sets, remove from the heat, add the yolks and cheeses and stir.
Greek pastitsio – Composition:
- After we have prepared the béchamel and the minced meat, boil the spaghetti, strain it and put them in a bowl.
- Mix the spaghetti with the béchamel.
- We get a large round mold detachable (like the one we make the cheesecake).
- Put 8-9 leaves on the bottom with butter in between and protrude slightly out of the form.
- Put spaghetti with minced meat alternately in the form.
- Finally, cover again with leaves that we cut a little around and cover well, we put the protruding ones inside.
- Grease, carve on top and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes and then cut.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?