1 h. ½ min
The easiest and most delicious recipe for traditional Greek bean soup! Try it
- 500 g medium white beans
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 onions
- 3 sprigs of celery
- leaves of celery or celery
- 3 cl. Garlic (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 grated tomato
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 cube of chicken or vegetables
- thyme or rosemary
- 1 Red hot pepper
- 2 liters of hot water (approximately)
- olive oil, salt, pepper
- We start by putting the beans overnight in a large bowl with plenty of cold water, put a kitchen paper on top and leave it out of the fridge.
- The next day we put water in a pot and when it boils we add the beans.
- Boil until slightly softened (not completely) and strain.
- Cut the onion into small pieces, the carrots into slices and the celery into slices.
- Put olive oil in the same pot and sauté the onion, carrot and celery and the leaves, chopped for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat, just enough to soften, not to take on color.
- If you want, add the garlic.
- Then add the pulp, sauté for a while and then the beans, the cube, the tomato and the bay leaf.
- Finally add the herbs of your choice, pepper and hot water.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 1 hour on medium heat.
- If necessary, add extra hot water.
- When we extinguish the bean soup, we add olive oil to bind it nicely.
- Serve our bean soup with feta cheese, salted fish, boukovo and freshly baked bread.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?