Spinach rice, the favorite Greek traditional food with fresh herbs and spices! Many people like it with tomatoes, others “lemonade” with plenty of pepper! Particularly nutritious due to the presence of spinach. A cup of boiled spinach exceeds our body’s daily needs for vitamins A and K. Also, spinach is a rich source of manganese, while it provides magnesium and iron, as well as vitamin C. Let’s see the recipe for the most delicious spinach!
- 600gr. fresh spinach
- 2 onions
- 4 spring onions
- 220gr. yellow rice or glase
- 1 leek
- 500gr. water
- 1 chicken or vegetable cube
- 1/2 fennel (optional)
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 1/3 bunch of dill
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- 1 grated tomato (optional)
- Feta (optional)
- Put olive oil in a pot, slice the onion and leek. Sauté them over medium to high heat.
- Add the chopped fennel if desired and sauté until soft.
- Then add the spinach (which we have washed and dried well) in portions, keep a little quantity for the end of cooking.
- Add the rice, quench with the juice of one lemon. Then add the cube and water. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat when the rice is boiled and al dente. Then add the chopped spring onion, dill, parsley, a little olive oil, the juice of the second lemon and the zest.
- Cover again with the lid and let the liquids drain for 10 minutes. It is served with feta, if desired
- If you want to add the tomato, put it after the spinach.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?