The Greek recipe for the most delicious stuffed vegetables!
- 5 tomatoes
- 5 zucchini
- 5 peppers
For the filling:
- 600 g ground beef
- 300 gr. yellow rice
- 3 carrots
- 3 large onions
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of mint
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- 1 glass of water
- 3 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 10 potatoes
- We open our vegetables that are for stuffing, remove the flesh and keep aside.
Grind them in a blender.
- Grate the carrots and zucchini in the thick part of the grater. Finely chop the onions and herbs.
- Put olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the minced meat until it turns brown, add the onion, sauté for a while until it softens.
- Add the grated carrots, zucchini and ground vegetables.
- Add the rice, water, salt and pepper.
- Leave the liquids on the fire to evaporate a little and remove.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped herbs and extra olive oil (a cup preferably).
- Fill our open vegetables, put their lids and transfer to the pan.
- Cut the mashed potatoes, salt and add them to the pan.
Add a glass of water.
- Put olive oil on top of the stuffing and potatoes, sprinkle our stuffing with a little toast and bake at 190 degrees for about 40 minutes or until they turn a nice golden color.
- Serve them warm or cold, putting a little olive oil on top.