Easy and fast recipe! High in nutritional value and also a delicious greek dish!
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 kg green beans
- 10 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 150ml olive oil
- 5 grated tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 cup water
- Chop the onion and pour it in a little olive oil in a deep saucepan. Peel the potatoes and cut each one into four pieces. Add them to the pot.
- Add the carrot cut into thick slices or sticks. Pour the bay leaf and saute all the ingredients well. Add the tomato paste, stir and pour the grated tomatoes.
- Let it boil and then, if the green beans are fresh, add them to the pot. If you use frozen green beans, add them in the pot 15 ‘before the potatoes are boiled.
- Cover the pot and leave it on medium heat. After about 20 minutes we open to see if the food has enough liquids. If necessary, we add some water. The green beans will make liquids and maybe we will not need to add extra water.
- Just before it’s ready, add olive oil to make our sauce more “thick” and finely chopped parsley and remove it from the fire. Let cool for a while and serve.
- Caution: Do not mix the food with a ladle, just shaking the pot because our ingredients are already really soft.