An easy sweet trean with cinnamon flavor!
- ½ (115gr.) Cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups (480ml) full-fat milk (warm-lukewarm)
- ½ cup (100 grams) of crystal sugar
- 1 sachet (2 ¼ grams) dry yeast
- 5 cups (625 gr.) Flour for all uses
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. salt
For the filling:
- ¾ cup (170 gr.) Soft butter (at room temperature)
- ¾ cup (165 grams) of brown sugar
- 2 grams of grated cinnamon (powder)
- 55 gr. cream cheese (soft)
- 2 tblsp of melted butter
- 2 tbsp of full-fat milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120gr.) Powdered sugar
- Butter 2 aluminum (single use) cake / pie trays.
- In a large bowl, whisk together warm milk, melted butter and crystal sugar. Our mixture should be just hot, with a temperature of 37-43 degrees Celsius.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm mixture and let it work for 1 minute. Add 4 cups (500gr.) flour for all uses and mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is homogenized.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or a plastic wrap and leave it in a warm place for 1 hour to inflate our mixture. After one hour , our dough should almost double in volume .
- Remove the towel / membrane and add 95gr. flour, baking powder and salt and stir well.
- Add some flour on our cooking bench and place over the dough. We knead lightly and, if necessary, add more flour until our dough stops being sticky and leaves our counter clean.
- Spread the dough over a rectangular baking dish. We look for the thickness of our dough to be about 1 cm.
- Apply the soft butter over the dough. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, pressing the stuffing into the butter.
- Roll the dough up into the shape of a “trunk”, and press the dough where the joint is formed to “lock” the filling. Place our roll in such a way that the union is on the underside and cut any leftovers on the edges.
- Cut the roll in the middle. We share each of the two rolls in 7 pieces of the same size. We ensure that each piece does not exceed eight centimeters thick.
- Place 7 pieces in each of the 2 pans that we had in the beginning: 1 piece in the center and all around the rest 6. Cover with plastic film and let 30 ‘warm to inflate / rest.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. After 30 minutes, remove the membrane and roast the roots for 25-30 ‘until they get a golden-brown color.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, butter, milk, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until the mixture has a smooth texture.
- While the rolls are hot, pour them over with frosting cream and enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?