Festive days are coming and I got you the best recipe for crispy “diples”, one of the most favorite Christmas treats! Few ingredients, easy to cook and the house will smell like Christmas!
- 500gr. flour
- 4 eggs
- 20gr. butter (softened)
- 10gr. vinegar
- 10gr. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 30ml ouzo
- sunflower oil for frying
- For serving:
- Honey & walnuts (crased)
- Beat the eggs for 3-4 minutes until they are soft. Add the butter, vinegar and sugar and stir again.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. We add it gradually to the rest of the ingredients and work our mixture until it becomes a tight dough.
- Let our dough “rest” for 30-35 ‘. We working with the help of a roller until the sheet becomes too thin. Cut into strips 10x5cm.
- Put the sunflower oil in a pot to burn well. Add the folders one by one to the pot. Once we put each one next to the oil, “fold” / wrap it using a fork. Due to the high temperature of the oil, our diples will instantly get their shape.
- Fry for 2 – 3 minutes and then put the diples on kitchen paper to remove the unnecessary oil.
- Serve with honey and sprinkle with nuts, which we have crashed in hand. Enjoy!