Festive days are coming and I got you the best recipe for crispy “diples”, one of the most favorite Christmas treats! Few ingredients, easy to cook and the house will smell like Christmas!
- 500gr. flour
- 4 eggs
- 20gr. butter (softened)
- 10gr. vinegar
- 10gr. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 30ml ouzo
- sunflower oil for frying
- For serving:
- Honey & walnuts (crased)
- Beat the eggs for 3-4 minutes until they are soft. Add the butter, vinegar and sugar and stir again.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. We add it gradually to the rest of the ingredients and work our mixture until it becomes a tight dough.
- Let our dough “rest” for 30-35 ‘. We working with the help of a roller until the sheet becomes too thin. Cut into strips 10x5cm.
- Put the sunflower oil in a pot to burn well. Add the folders one by one to the pot. Once we put each one next to the oil, “fold” / wrap it using a fork. Due to the high temperature of the oil, our diples will instantly get their shape.
- Fry for 2 – 3 minutes and then put the diples on kitchen paper to remove the unnecessary oil.
- Serve with honey and sprinkle with nuts, which we have crashed in hand. Enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?