I have the ultimate recipe for homemade, nutritious, fasting hummus! Perfect side dish!
- 250gr. chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic (grated)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 cup of water
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp. fenugreek
- Red pepper flakes
- 100gr. tahini
- Soak the chickpeas in water from the previous night, for about 18-24 hours.
- The next day drain them and boil them in a large amount of water.
During boiling, remove the foam that forms.
- Close the lid, lower the heat and simmer the chickpeas for about 2 hours or depending on the recommended cooking time.
- Once we have finished cooking, keep some of the water in which we boiled the chickpeas (about 1 cup) and then strain.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixer, except the water and beat well until you have a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add water until you get the liquid you want in the cream.
- Add salt, spices and acidity at will.