A super easy recipe for homemade tortillas!
- 400gr. flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp salt
- 70gr. butter
- 100ml cold water
- 50gr. yogurt
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the butter and rub the mixture with your hands until it has a “crumb” style texture.
- Add the water and yoghurt and continue to mix the ingredients and work the mixture with your hands. Transfer the dough to a clean surface and work it for 5-6 minutes, using our hands again.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces (or 8 if we prefer bigger tortillas) and using a rolling pin, create thin round shaped tortillas.
- Place a non-stick pan on medium to high heat and add one by one the tortillas. When bubbles begin to form on the surface of tortilla, turn sideways and bake for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place the baked tortillas in a bowl and cover with a towel to keep them soft. Ideally, consume them as long as they are hot or keep them in the freezer.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?