A recipe that will impress both sweet and savory lovers. Cheese pie with syrup, a different proposal, a perfectly balanced flavor.
For the cheese pie
1 pack of “kantaifi”
180g melted milk butter “Epirus”
250g kasseri cheese
600g feta cheese “Epirus”
400g whipping cream
100g dried tomato
10 sprigs of fresh thyme
For the syrup:
1ml of honey
2 handfuls of Aegina pistachio
- Start by add all the grated cheesein a bowl, adding the thyme and the dried tomato (chopped). Add salt and pepper.
- Then work with your hands the kantaifi, trying to make it more soft.
- In another bowl we put the milk, heavy cream and all other ingredients.
- Butter a pan with melted milk of EPIRUS brand and place the half of the kantaifi.
- Using a brush, sprinkle with the melted milk butter EPIRUS the sheet (kantaifi).
- Add the cheese mix and cover with the remaining kantaifi, sprinkle with the remaining butter.
- Then add the milk mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and leave for 30 minutes.
- Bake with the foil in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes and then without foil for 20-25 minutes.
- For the syrup: Put all the syrup ingredients in a medium heat pot and, when boiled, boil for 3 minutes and let it cool down.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and while it’s still hot, pouring it over with the cold syrup.
- Leave it for 5 minutes, then add the topping nuts. Serve.