An easy recipe for a tasty “karidopita”, one of the most famous traditional sweets in Greece!
- 7 eggs
- 250 gr. of crystalline sugar
- 125 gr.of grated toasted bread
- 375 gr. chopped nuts
- 1 dose of vanilla
- 2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- half lemon (zest)
- 300 gr. of water
- 450 gr. of crystalline sugar
- half lemon (peel)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- We start by putting the syrup materials to boil (water, sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon wood). When we boil for 4 minutes and we remove it from the fire, we do this because the syrup we want it to be lukewarm to soothe.
- Continue by putting the eggs with sugar in the mixer at high speed until they are soft, it will take about 7-8 minutes. In a bowl, put the breadcrumbs, the walnuts, the vanilla, the cinnamon, the baking powder and the lemon zest. Mix well.
- When the eggs are ready, remove them from the mixer and with a spatula we start to pour the solids of the bowl into the mixture with the eggs stirring gently to homogenize the mixture. Immediately place the walnut mixture in a buttered and floured baking dish and spread to obtain a flat surface at the top. The mixture should reach ¾ of the height of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven (up and down) at 170 degrees for about 35-40 minutes. When we remove it from the oven, let it cool for 2-3 minutes and add the syrup (hot walnut pie and lukewarm-cold syrup). Pour half the syrup at the beginning and after a while the rest.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?