Fasting, delicious and traditional recipe from Kimolos island!
- 270g. of lukewarm water
- ½ kg flour for all uses
- 7g dry yeast
- 1 pinch of sugar
- ½ tbsp dry oregano
- 2 onions
- 4-5 tomatoes (medium size)
- 80gr. olive oil
- We start by putting the water, sugar and yeast in a large bowl and leave it for 10 minutes so that the yeast starts to activate (when the yeast comes into contact with sugar).
- Add half of the flour given and start mixing with one hand, keep your second hand clean. Add a pinch (3g) of salt, oregano and the remaining flour. The dough will be ready when it comes out of the bowl’s walls and your hand, if not add a little flour.
- In a middle size baking dish we put the 70gr. olive oil and spread it by throwing the dough to the whole baking pan. Cover well with a towel and let the dough in a warm place rinse for about 1 hour.
- As the dough rises, slice the tomatoes and onion and put them in a bowl, add salt and sprinkle with olive oil. Then mix up. Add them on our dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes or 1 hour until we see our dough well cooked underneath. When it is ready let it cool for about 15 minutes and serve it warm by dropping a little fresh or dried oregano over.
Tips: Sugar helps to activate the yeast. If the salt comes in contact with the yeast in the beginning, it destroys the action of the yeast and will not swell our dough.
For the pie we do not use pyrex, thick pans, etc. we use only a thin pan.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?