Koliva are one of the most nutritious meals because of its ingredients. Wheat has high nutritional value, because it is rich in protein, vitamins A, B and E. Koliva are ideally for your breakfast in order to give you the boost you need!
- 400gr. wheat
- 150gr. of grated walnuts
- 150gr raisin (sultanina or black)
- 350gr. powdered sugar
- 150gr. almonds
- 1 pomegranate (only the seeds)
- 100gr. of sesame
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. silver dragee
- 4 tbsp. pine nuts
- The only time-consuming way to make this recipe is the wheat.
- Start by putting the wheat into plenty of water with 1 tbsp. baking soda for 12 h.
- After 12 h rinse the wheat by changing the water 2-3 times and then drain it.
- Boil for 35-40 minutes in boiling water and drain it.
- Put a towel on a counter, pour the wheat over it and cover it with another towel. We do this because we want to dry it completely. It would be better to keep it for 12 h. to make sure it does not have any liquids.
- Chop the walnuts and the almonds very well (no powder)
- Chop the raisins with the knife in small pieces
- Roast the sesame seeds in a frying pan
- Final step is the set up. Put in a bowl the wheat and then pour all the ingredients except the sugar and the silver dragee
- Cover with the sugar and then with the silver dragee. Consume it immediately otherwise the powder sugar will make it sugary.