Here you will find the #absolute recipe for traditional #kourabiedes, one of the most favorite Christmas sweets!
- 900gr. flour for all uses (sieved)
- 250gr. butter “Epirus 50-50” (Corfu type)
- 350gr. Melted milk butter «Epirus»
- 2 tablespoons (100 grams) of powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 150gr. roasted almond (whipped in the mortar)
- Rose water for spraying
- 300gr. powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Beat butter in the mixer with powdered sugar until the mixture becomes white and get the meringue texture. Then add the yolks (one at a time) and then the vanilla. Beat the mixture for 3-4 ‘.
- In a bowl, stir the flour with soda, baking powder and roasted almonds, which are first crushed in the mortar. We slowly add this mixture to the mixer.
- We understand that our mix is ready once the mixer bin is “clean” and our dough is a single mass. Place a baking sheets on the tray, then create small balls (about 20 grams/ball) and add them on the baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and bake for 15-17 minutes (depending on the size of our sweets).
- Remove from oven and let cool. Spray with rose water and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?