Here you will find the #absolute recipe for traditional #kourabiedes, one of the most favorite Christmas sweets!
- 900gr. flour for all uses (sieved)
- 250gr. butter “Epirus 50-50” (Corfu type)
- 350gr. Melted milk butter «Epirus»
- 2 tablespoons (100 grams) of powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 150gr. roasted almond (whipped in the mortar)
- Rose water for spraying
- 300gr. powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Beat butter in the mixer with powdered sugar until the mixture becomes white and get the meringue texture. Then add the yolks (one at a time) and then the vanilla. Beat the mixture for 3-4 ‘.
- In a bowl, stir the flour with soda, baking powder and roasted almonds, which are first crushed in the mortar. We slowly add this mixture to the mixer.
- We understand that our mix is ready once the mixer bin is “clean” and our dough is a single mass. Place a baking sheets on the tray, then create small balls (about 20 grams/ball) and add them on the baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and bake for 15-17 minutes (depending on the size of our sweets).
- Remove from oven and let cool. Spray with rose water and sprinkle with powdered sugar.