Fricassee lamb is a traditional greek dish, ideal for a family meal!
- 1kg. Lamb meat (haunch)
- 1 onion
- 300gr. spiny chicory
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 5 artichokes
- 2 lettuce
- 1dill bunch
- 2 leaks
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 2tsp corn flour
- Salt & pepper
- Remove the artichokes’ leaves and spread some lemon juice on them.
- Dice the mean into serving, place them into a large pot with olive oil and sauté well for 15 minutes.
- Add the onions (both kinds), the leeks and keep sauté. Add the lemon juice (1 lemon) and fill with hot water until the meat is covered up.
- Cover the pot and boil in low-intense heat for 1 hour, until the meat becomes more soft. We know that the meat is ready when we can easily remove its bone.
- Add the artichokes, the spiny chicory, the lettuce and the dill. Add some water (if needed), until our vegetables are covered up.
- Boil for 20 more minutes and turn of the heat. Let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Place a bowl, add the corn flour and the lemon juice (1 lemon). Mix well and add the eggs one by one. Beat the ingredients using a wire until the mixture is smooth.
- Take some broth from the pot and add it into the bowl. Beat until all the ingredients are mixed up. Then transfer the mixture back to the pot. Serve hot and use some dill as a topping.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?